NTC is dedicated to protecting the privacy of members and visitors to its website.
NTC monitors general information about your internet visit, such as:
- the domain of your Internet service provider, i.e. "xyz123.com" or " xyz123.ca" and the IP address of the computer accessing the website, such as "xyz-55"
- the type and version of browser, i.e. MS Internet Explorer or Netscape, you are using to access the internet
- the type of operating system you are using, i.e. MS Windows, Macintosh, or Unix
- the date and time you visit our web site, the pages that you visit, the length of your visit, which page you access first, the address of website you were visiting immediately prior, if you linked to us from that website, etc.
Our sole use of this information is for statistical analysis, to assist us in making our site more useful and user-friendly to members and visitors. We may disclose this non-personal information to third parties, i.e. sponsors, clients or job advertisers and/or use it for auditing purposes. Again, this information is of a very general nature, it does not include personal, identifying details. NTC’s website uses a feature called a "cookie" to store browser information used by our servers. Cookies, by themselves, cannot be used to disclose the individual identity of any site user. In order to adjust your privacy (cookie) settings please go to the internet options section of your browser and change accordingly.
Ownership of Content
The contents of this Site, including without limitation text, publications, newsletters, articles, opinions, views, graphics, images, HTML codes, multimedia clips, java code, logos, button icons, banners, software and other material appearing on this Site (collectively the "Creative Materials"), are protected by copyright under both Canadian and foreign laws. Unauthorized use of any Creative Materials may violate copyright, trade-mark, and other laws. Your must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the original Creative Materials on any copy you make of the Creative Materials, including the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the source of the Creative Material. You may not sell or modify the Creative Materials or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the Creative Materials, or any part thereof, for any public or commercial purpose. The use of the Creative Materials on any other web site for any purpose is prohibited. If you violate any of these restrictions, your permission to use the Creative Materials automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any copies you have made thereof.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ACCESS AND USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL SITE OWNER, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOST REVENUE, LOST OR DAMAGED DATA OR OTHER COMMERCIAL OR ECONOMIC LOSS, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THIS SITE OR ANY CONSEQUENCES FLOWING, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, THEREFROM. THE FOREGOING LIMITATION SHALL APPLY EVEN IF SITE OWNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE OR LOSS.
You agree to indemnify SITE OWNER and its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, demands, liabilities, costs, or expenses whatsoever, including without limitation reasonable legal fees and disbursements, resulting directly or indirectly from:
- your access to or use of this Site or any web site to which this Site is or may be linked from time to time;
- your use of, reliance on, or publication, communication or distribution of anything on or from this Site; or
- your violation of any law or regulation to the detriment of SITE OWNER.
© 2009 The National Trails Coalition (NTC) is the operating name for the Coalition of Canadian Trails Organizations